Union County Real Estate and Loan Closing Attorneys

Real property is a substantial investment. Whether you are buying or selling residential or commercial property, dealing with a real estate dispute or seeking a change in zoning or land use, talk to a lawyer who knows Union County real estate as well as the law.

Real estate in Union County is booming. If you are considering buying a home, commercial real estate, or you are involved in a land dispute, you need a local lawyer to help you through the process.  We assist residential, commercial, and agricultural clients who are interested in buying and selling real estate.  We assist developers from beginning to end: such as at zoning hearings, purchasing real estate, closing on real estate, all real estate litigation, and even selling their business to larger companies.

Helms Robison & Lee, PA is the largest and longest-established full-service law firm in Union County, North Carolina. Contact our Monroe real estate lawyers for assistance with your real estate purchase or sale.

Real Estate Transaction Services

In addition to handling the closing, we can help you with all aspects of buying or selling your residential or commercial real estate including:

  • Title searches
  • Title insurance
  • Deeds of Trust
  • Land use planning
  • Refinancing
  • Document review
  • Covenants and Restrictions
  • Deeds

Handling Real Estate Disputes

As a full-service law firm, we are able to help you with any residential or commercial real estate disputes, including:

  • Boundary disputes
  • Easement conflicts
  • Actions to quiet title
  • Zoning and variance issues

If you need help with a real estate transaction or dispute, contact our attorneys for knowledgeable legal counsel.


Is the government trying to take your land?  Are you in the path of a new highway?  If so, you need a skilled and experienced attorney to help you secure fair compensation for your property.  Additionally, many of our attorneys are Union County natives, and are familiar with the different areas of the county.

Understanding Eminent Domain

Eminent domain gives the government the right to condemn private land for public use.  The building of roads, schools, utilities and parks are just some of the many circumstances where a government agency can take your land for public use.  If this has happened to you, or is going to happen to you,  the government must pay you fair compensation.  You need an attorney to help determine what is fair, and to fight for you to get the compensation you deserve.  Contact Helms Robison & Lee, PA today to meet with one of our real estate attorneys.

Experienced Utilities Condemnations Lawyers

Utilities such as gas, water or sewer are all for the good of the community; however, when the proposed utilities cut across your land, you deserve fair and just compensation for your loss.  Our attorneys can negotiate with the city, county or utility company so that you get the money you deserve for your land.  Our eminent domain attorneys will make sure that you understand your property rights and options.

Property Rights

Property Rights Attorneys Serving Union County and Surrounding Areas

Every property owner has property rights.  Whether your land is being condemned by the government or a neighbor is claiming that he or she has an easement over your land, you need a local and knowledgeable attorney from Helms Robison & Lee, PA who can help you.

Defending Your Property and Land Use Rights

Our real estate lawyers represent clients whose property rights have been threatened.  We have assisted clients involved a variety of land disputes, including:

  • Condemnation: When the government condemns your land for public use, such as for the new Monroe Bypass, you have a right to fair compensation for your property.  We will fight to secure you the fair compensation you deserve.
  • Re-zoning disputes: Whether you want to prevent your land from being re-zoned, or whether you are a commercial developer and need assistance with the re-zoning process, our attorneys are qualified to assist you.
  • Easements, restrictive covenants and rights of way: If your neighbor is encroaching on your land, or you need an easement to get to your land-locked property, call us today and meet with an attorney to find out your rights.
  • Homeowners’ associations: If you are being fined or thrown off your property due to a homeowners’ association, we can help defend your interests and your right to the property.  We also represent commercial developers to draft restrictive covenants, and homeowners’ associations that wish to enforce their rules.
  • Partitioning or dividing property: If you own land with another person as a tenant in common, you have the right to partition the land so you can own your piece of it individually.  We can help you enforce this right and divide your land.

Regardless of the type of real estate issue, our attorneys will give you the honest and dedicated counsel you need.  Contact the attorneys at Helms Robison & Lee, PA for an assessment of your case and answers to your real estate questions.

Real Estate Litigation

Real Estate Litigation Attorneys in Union County and the Surrounding Areas

In a fast-growing area like Union County, rapid development frequently gives rise to real estate disputes. Real estate, whether it is a home, farm, housing development or commercial property, is a valuable investment.  

Boundary line disputes need to be resolved. If there are questions about boundary lines, those questions can jeopardize a title or complicate a sale.  In Union County, some surveys were done as far back as the 1930s.  When those surveys conflict with a survey on an adjacent property, there can be honest confusion about boundaries.  In other cases, someone may simply encroach on property without checking their survey first.  As soon as you are aware of a boundary line dispute, talk to an experienced lawyer at Helms Robison & Lee, PA.  If you wait too long, you run the risk that your land could become someone else’s by way of adverse possession.  You need to talk to an attorney immediately to find out what legal action you should take, and the deadlines for doing so.

Homeowners’ associations disputes can make life difficult for residents in a community.  Our law firm can help you sort through the issues, negotiate a resolution or, when necessary, take the real estate dispute to court.  Our real estate litigation attorneys have in-depth knowledge of Union County real estate and have extensive courtroom experience.

If you own rental property, we can help with evictions and other matters.  Talk to us about the best way to handle disputes with tenants, including non-payment of rent and property destruction.  We can also assist with the drafting lease or rental agreements.

Zoning & Land Use

Zoning And Land Use Changes In Monroe And The Union County Area

With the booming growth in Union County, several changes have and will take place.  Yesterday’s residential area is today’s commercial development.  Rural Union County farms have become housing subdivisions and grocery stores.  If you own property that needs a zoning or land use change, call the real estate lawyers at Helms Robison & Lee, PA in Monroe, North Carolina.

Zoning issues? We can help.  Our attorneys work on a regular basis with real property issues in every municipality within Union County.  Our attorneys will guide you through the zoning change process to make sure that your request is handled properly.  We can also help you prepare for zoning hearings.

Do you need a special use or conditional use permit?  We help landowners apply for permits to allow for special uses.  Do you need a variance for a sewage disposal alternative such as an on-site treatment facility?  Do you need a permit to allow radio or cell phone towers on your property?  Whatever the need for change, our attorneys at Helms Robison & Lee, PA can help you with the process.


Contact Us